6 Mistakes to Mind While Editing Your Paper
For most students, assignment writing services are necessary to help them find and eliminate the mistakes in their academic papers and get high grades. Being a student yourself, you know that even the tiniest and silliest grammatical mistakes can cost you a reduction in grade for your paper. In some cases, your paper will not even be approved due to having similar mistakes and you will have to submit it multiple times before you eliminate all of them. Why would you do that in such a hard way, if you can just learn the most common mistakes committed by students in their papers and find the ways to avoid them in the first place? Try to avoid such mistakes in your paper:
- Common grammatical errors. Go through your paper very carefully and you will spot these mistakes by yourself. Focus on the use of prepositions (it is one of the commonest grammar mistakes). Then read your paper once again to see if you have missed anything else.
- Conjunctions. They are used to connect your phrases, sentences, and paragraphs. Make sure you use them appropriately. Do not overburden you paper with them.
- E.g. and i.e. Do not confuse these two: e.g. is “for example”, while i.e. is “in other words”. Those are quite different things, aren’t they? So, make sure that you use them in proper contexts all the time. If you are not sure, avoid applying them.
- Punctuation mistakes. Give your paper another look to see if you have used all the commas, semicolons and other punctuation marks properly. Even if they seem to be not so important, their improper use makes the sentence ambiguous and irritates your reader. This is not the thing you want to happen to your teacher, is it?
- Length of sentences. There are several rules you need to keep in mind about the length of sentences you write. First of all, do not strive to make all your sentences very long (longer sentences tend to be less clear). Secondly, avoid making them too short as well. Last but not least, apply different types of sentences throughout your paper.
- Use of images. Remember that if you choose wrong pictures for your paper, your grade may reduce drastically. So, make sure that all the images you have included are relevant and appropriate before you submit your paper. Change them when and if necessary before your professor sees them.