Free «Planning for Change, Implementing, and Evaluating EBP Projects» UK Essay Sample
Table of Contents
- Planning for Change
- Analyzing the Impact of Implementing Change
- Buy Planning for Change, Implementing, and Evaluating EBP Projects essay paper online
- Methods to Address the Changes
- Implementing EBP Projects
- Desired Outcomes
- Macrosystems Inhibiting Implementation of the Strategies
- How to Improve Quality and Patient Safety by Resolving the EBP Project Issues
- Evaluating EBP Projects
- Evaluation Strategies
- New Practice Guidelines Based on Evaluation Outcomes
- New Standards for Implementing New Preconception Education Guidelines
- Related Nursing essays
Planning for change should be held responsible by all partners through identifying all important aspects in implementing changes. Resolving the issues experienced in implementing these projects helps in making it successful. The important macro and microaspects during implementation are also articulated.
Planning for Change
Analyzing the Impact of Implementing Change
Some impacts of implementing EBP in providing preconception education to women and their spouses is ensuring that adverse health effects are prevented. Policymakers observe that implementing preconception education campaign would reduce adverse health effects associated with pregnancy and newborns. Implementing the policies ensures that federal, state, and local authorities are involved in ensuring good health to the population. This cooperation acts as a catalyst for development and addresses other important health issues (Stevens, 2013). Having the EBP being implemented on preconception education will ensure the future generations are getting information early, thus improving mother's and child's health.
A successful implementation of the EBP project would ensure that nursing models and frameworks are embraced for future use in other health programs. The models used enhanced thinking while solving important health issues. Thus, it presents a bright future for the health sector and for the population. Strategies like ACE star model of knowledge transfer highlight the achievements and the barriers towards achieving certain EBP practices. Therefore, it allows the staff and researchers to anticipate and solve such challenges when they arise. Another impact is on providing a roadway for educating health trainees on important aspects in preconception education. Other important aspects that can be learnt from a successful implementation of the EBP project include improved work ethics in interdisciplinary teams, employment of evidence-based practices, and enhanced informatics (Stevens, 2013).
Hurry up! Limited time offer
Use discount code
Some of the factors to consider when engaging stakeholders include involving them in creating a plan for the implementation as this will create the feeling of ownership among them. Understanding stakeholders, their needs, and wants is a critical factor that makes them feel embraced in the project. It is recognizing their needs that they also establish their own objectives to achieve alongside the implementation of the main project of preconception education. Another factor involves having internal preparedness and alignment with stakeholders. If the internal department is well prepared, it would integrate well with the stakeholders, thus creating a conducive environment for EBP Project implementation.
Building trust among members encourages group work during project design and implementation. Having consultations between the members and the implementation group helps in having similar grounds and making the members to read from one script. Accurate representation from all stakeholders involved eliminates resistance from specific groups. For instance, preconception education campaign should have men, disabled people, different minorities, and other challenged people in the implementation of the projects (Jeffrey, 2009). The team should also engage in ensuring that there are absent any non-productive engagement behaviors where respect, values, and norms are designed. Team involvement should be emphasized in processes like monitoring, evaluating, and documentation.
Benefit from Our Service: Save 25% Along with the first order offer - 15% discount, you save extra 10% since we provide 300 words/page instead of 275 words/page
Methods to Address the Changes
Some methods include recognizing every member in implementation panel through appreciating them individually. This strategy helps the members to feel part of the team hence making the process smooth. Assigning members' duties in the project implementation ensures possession of the project and removing obstacles. Having prior plan of how to achieve the targets gives focus to every team member. A good plan on milestones and strategic activities towards achieving the project can also help eliminate some challenges (Anderson, 2013). Finally, acknowledging individual differences and strengths enables members to work as a team.
Implementing EBP Projects
The following objectives needed to be achieved by implementing the EBP project and the new evidence gained.
- The patients and clients (women) should access preconception education at the facility and other platforms like public health gatherings. Community health centers and establishments can be utilized for increasing access to preconception education.
- Satisfaction index of the clients should be high due to organized service provision from the relevant authorities like ministry of health, hospitals, and educational institutions.
- Lack of resources, proper organization and skills should be eliminated through role revisions and continued preconception education and seminars. This should lead to improved resources availability.
- High women involvement in preconception education is aimed at enrolling in the programs and reducing the adverse health effects. Online media should also be used to reach population.
- It is expected that a high proportion of mothers and couples would increase their attendance and practice of preconception education. This should be translated to reducing abortions, more planned pregnancies, and increasing preparation in health towards getting pregnant.
- It is also expected that childbirth's defects and effects of inadequate preparation of pregnancy like low-birth weight and malnourished children would be reduced by a greater percentage.
Macrosystems Inhibiting Implementation of the Strategies
- Knowledge translation is a challenge where providers and patients interact within limited resources (McCluskey, 2010). When platforms for interactions with the teachers are enhanced, many people would be able to achieve knowledge.
- Social influences can affect the clinic as satisfaction of the clients is communicated to other potential customers (Kuziemsky, 2013). Perceptions and myths like family planning can be misused to slow the process of adoption of the intended outcomes.
- The confidence of the healthcare providers and patients’ beliefs encourages good quality services. Beliefs about capabilities of the patients and staff are also critical for quality improvement.
- Knowledge and skills of the therapists for delivering the intervention required. Resources available for engaging the patients and enabling the staff to work are essential.
Some microsystem issues include:
- Professionalism during the implementation should be enhanced to serve better the patients. Behavior incidences that question the character of team members should be avoided.
- Sharing of tasks (substitution of tasks) or role revision should be practiced (Nelson et al, 2002). Hence, team work challenge can arise within teams during EBP project implementation, team organization during field visits, and in-facility services should be prioritized.
- Condition of the health facilities, cleanliness, and baby-friendly services for in-facility preconception education and national structures are available for the program (Rodgers et al,2010). Internal sharing of resources within the team and with other national organizations should be encouraged to ensure the success of the projects.
How to Improve Quality and Patient Safety by Resolving the EBP Project Issues
Patients and women, in particular, should be engaged in order to improve their participation in health promotion activities. Skerrett (2013) shares some strategies like having a checklist before and after an implementation of health practice. The checklist is to help the health professionals be assured that all actions taken were appropriate and successful. Having well stipulated procedures guiding hospital activities can help in safeguarding the patients. Factors like engaging patients by educating them is critical for enhancing their practice in the field. It can help instill the right procedures and practices. More efforts should be geared towards treatment and prevention of adverse health effects including birth defects, pregnancy complications, and other negatives. Putting in place simple strategies for preventive mechanisms ensures the people and their safety to be protected.
Evaluating EBP Projects
Evaluation strategies involve embracing all stakeholders in the process. Cross-checking the outcomes and the stated objectives ensures that the desired results are achieved. Having critical path for implementation of the program is needed to guide the team in evaluating the progress. CDC (2006) suggests that stakeholders should be engaged in describing the program, focusing on the evaluation design, gathering credible evidence, and justifying conclusions. These steps enhance understanding of the program context, thus allowing members to be assured of what to measure.
Evaluation activities should include setting qualities where aspects like accuracy, feasibility, and propriety should be embraced. The model of evaluation requires six steps to be followed: including and engaging stakeholders, describing the program, focusing the evaluation design, gathering credible evidence, justifying conclusions, and, lastly, ensuring usage and sharing of lessons learnt (CDC, 1999).
Top 30 writers
from the incredible opportunity
at a very reasonable price
New Practice Guidelines Based on Evaluation Outcomes
New practices include advocating the implementation of preconception education. Every woman should have unconditional access to preconception services to reduce adverse health effects on pregnancies and newborns. Pushing advocacy to the masses should be embraced in order to allow all people of accessing basic preconception education.
New Standards for Implementing New Preconception Education Guidelines
CDC and the Department of Health require that all women of childbearing age access preconception education. All stakeholders should be involved in health matters with full government support and direction. EBP should be implemented to ensure improved women health before pregnancy and future children’s life (nutrition care).
from the incredible opportunity
at a very reasonable price
Implementing preconception education strategies is critical for enhancing health, especially for women who are in fertility bracket. However, for its realization, there are macro and microissues that have to be solved as they affect successful implementation of EBP strategies. The number of methods can be used to solve problems experienced during planning and implementing the change. Essentially, the desired outcomes of the EBP projects and evaluation strategies should be involved to ensure that all members are active and own the process to promote sustainability.